NORTH SHORE WARGAMES CLUB
Home | Other Links | News | Push of Pike tournament | Back to Renaissance page | Contact us email@example.com
Renaissance history and wargaming links
- The Art of Warfare 16th Century battles.
- The Battle of Naseby 1645.
- Battle of Yellow Waters 1648 Battle between the Poles and Zapororasian Cossacks.
- The Battlefields Trust Maps, photos, and information about battlefields in Britain. Includes ancient and medieval battles as well as ECW, Monmouth's rebellion, and Jacobite rebellions.
- Boleslav Orlicki's Light Artillery A re-enactment group whose web site has lots of information about military equipment and costumes of the Later 17th-Century Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
- Border Warfare Battles and fortifications of the Border Reivers.
- British Civil Wars, Commonwealth and Protectorate, 1638-1660 Timelines, biography and military history.
- British History Online Lots of historical sources including the State Papers.
- Condottieri di Ventura Italian website about Condottieri 1330-1550.
- Corsari del Mediterraneo Italian website about corsairs of the Mediterranean 13th – 17th Centuries.
- Dreißigjährigen Krieg German website about the 30YW.
- Elizabethan Fencing and the Art of Defense William Wilson, author of The Arte of Defence, has a website dedicated to sixteenth- and seventeenth-century fencing.
- English Civil War Coats and Colours A painting guide from the Baccus 6mm website.
- English Civil War Society A reconstruction of the armies of the English Civil Wars.
- Flodden 1513 Battle between the Scots and English in Northumberland on 9 September 1513.
- Flodden 1513 Club Website of a club that commemorates the battle. Includes a good account of the action.
- Free Wargames A Yahoo group from which you can download free wargame rules including Exercise of Warre (ECW), Bushi (Medieval Japan), and Duel, Brawl and Skirmish (17th century man-to-man).
- Gå På is a set of miniature war games rules for the era of Marlborough, Eugene, Charles XII and Peter the Great. Includes rules, army lists and scenarios.
- The Garrison Lots of useful DBR resources compiled by Nick Smuts.
- The Geometry of War No that doesn't mean prodding someone with a compass from your geometry set. This is about mathematics, gunnery, and fortifications.
- Great North War and The War of the Spanish Succession Uniform and painting guide from the Baccus 6mm website.
- Historical Description of Clothing and Armament of Russian Troops The first volume of Viskavatov's book on the Russian army covers the period up to 1700.
- John Francis Guilmartin was a pilot in the Vietnam war, and is now a historian of 16th century naval warfare. Some of his writings are on his website.
- Kiyâfetnâme Prints of Ottoman costume.
- Landsknecht Homepage This mercenary force has a dot com site.
- Tim Porter's Madaxeman site (including the DBR list validation tool)
- The Mary Rose is the only 16th century warship on display anywhere in the world. Built between 1509 and 1511, she was one of the first ships able to fire a broadside, and was a firm favourite of King Henry VIII. After a long and successful career, she sank accidentally during an engagement with the French fleet in 1545. Her rediscovery and raising were seminal events in the history of nautical archaeology.
- The Mughals Origins, Babur, Akbar, the last three great Emperors, the Marathas, the Sikhs, Europeans, the British Raj and Indian independence.
- The myArmoury.com website has lots of resources about historic arms and armour.
- Peter 'Gonsalvo' Anderson's Wargaming Page has a resource page for the upcoming Piquet Band of Brothers rules, version II (late medieval/renaissance 1200-1600).
- Pike and Plunder A four-player Italian Wars campaign game, available to download for free from the Vexillia website. You can also download free PDFs of 15mm scale flags for the Great Italian Wars.
- The Pike and Shot Society, publishers of The Arquebusier journal.
- Polish Renaissance Warfare Summary of conflicts, battles and campaigns, army composition and army development from 1450 to 1699.
- Principles of War The PoW games system includes a renaissance rule set.
- David Heading's Renaissance Wargames Homepage including a set of Renaissance Naval Rules in DBR style.
- Renaissance Wargames Society (formerly the United States Pike and Shot Federation), publishers of The Reiter journal.
- Seventeenth Century links Vexillia's website has links to websites about Louis XIV, Thirty Years' War, English Civil War.
- Spanish Fury One of The Perfect Captain’s rulesets for warfare in the late 16th Century, including large and small scale miniatures rules, a stand-alone siege warfare game and supplements for naval warfare.
- Tercios Organisation, weapons, tactics, and uniforms of the Spanish infantry.
- The Thirty Years' War Battles, weapons and equipment of the French, Swedish, Spanish, Holy Roman Empire and Danish armies.
- Thirty Years War 1618-1648 Sources including artwork and primary and secondary resources.
- The Thirty Years War: Home Page Summary of the military and diplomatic developments of the Thirty Years War.
- Venetian Army in the XVII and XVIII Century Sketches of troops of the Serenissima - the Republic of Venice.
- The Wars of Karl IX Wars of Sweden against the Poles, Danes and Muscovy in the early 1600s.
- Wars of Religion The French wars of 1562 to 1598.
This page last updated 7 August 2018