Home | Ancient links | News | Back to Competitions | Back to Ancients | Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
|Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
|Philip||73||23 v Nick B||15 v Andrew||20 v Kendall||15 v John|
|Rob||67||12 v Kendall||13 v John||23 v Al||19 v Paul|
|Lee||64||12 v John||20 v Nick A||9 v Paul||23 v Kendall|
|John||60||13 v Lee||12 v Rob||25 v Andrew||10 v Philip|
|Paul||52||7 v Andrew||23 v Nick B||16 v Lee||6 v Rob|
|Kendall||43||13 v Rob||23 v Al||5 v Philip||2 v Lee|
|Andrew||38||18 v Paul||10 v Philip||0 v John||10 v Al|
|Al||34||15 v Nick A||2 v Kendall||2 v Rob||15 v Andrew|
|Nick A||15||10 v Al||5 v Lee||--||--|
|Nick B||4||2 v Philip||2 v Paul||--||--|
1. The competition will run on a Swiss chess system, with a random draw for the first round.
2. Each round will run for a month, from August to November. If you enter the competition you will have to commit to playing four games, one each month. Games can be played at any venue, not necessarily the NSWC club hall, but must be completed by the end of the last NSWC meeting of the month.
3. The draw for each succeeding round will be done at the conclusion of the last game of the round, and no later than the end of the last club meeting each month. When each monthly draw is done, you will be responsible for organising the game with your opponent.
4. The standard game will be DBMM 25mm, 400 AP, 6x8 tables, 4-hour game. You may vary any of this by mutual agreement of both players when you organise your game. Table size might have to adjusted to whatever is available at the club!
5. Armies. You do not have to use the same army for each game. Figures should be painted and be reasonable representations of the troops being fielded.
6. Army lists. If any army list books are published this year, they will be used. Otherwise the latest draft lists downloadable from the DBMM yahoo group will take priority over the troop changes on p.49 of the rules, and those modifications will take priority over the DBM lists.
Results of past Ancient Competitions: 2005 | 2004 | No competition was held in 2006.
This page last updated 6 September 2012